Impala Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2014 LT IMPALAl, every time I remove the gas cap the car doesn't want to start. This happens every single time that I remove the gas cap. The dealer diagnosed the problem as a poolry installed boot that runs between the air filter and the engine. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Well did the dealer fix the supposed boot problem and did that solve your problem?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Reads to me like there is an issue with your evap system. This may be intermittent, and make take more than once to properly diagnose. One thing you may be able to do, if youre still in warranfree, is drop your vehicle off and let them run tests throughout the day.

·
Premium Member
954 Posts
The dealer did a temp fix on the Boot but it didnt solve the problem.
Hi Vtr1000,

We regret to hear of this ongoing start up concern in your Impala, and do apologize for any inconvenience caused. If it'd be of interest, we'd be more than willing to get in contact with your dealer to offer an additional layer of assistance. Please don't hesitate to send us a private message with details so that we may take the next steps!

All the best,

Angela O.
Chevrolet Customer Care

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.