Impala Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey people,
im new here, i got a 94 9c1 LT1 about 150,000 miles
ok heres my problem, i was driving the other day everything was fine, then the check engine light came on, and it started hesitating under throttle. and at a stop it was missing and the idle dropped very low, after a few miles of this, the engine returned to normal running, and the idle was steady and smooth, i pulled one code for an egr problem, with a code reader, could the egr be getting stuck open at the wrong time??? should i go ahead and replace it?, any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. \
Tae

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
yup common problem and there pretty cheap , if not then its always nice to have a new part in ur motor over an old part

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well....i put a new egr valve on and im having the same problem. and its getting worse.. once the car gets to operating temp it bogs under full throttle, sort of like the its not getting enough fuel or some plugs arent firing, now i got a whole lot more to check lol and i just got this car lol, it figures, i had a 95 about 2 years ago that had a no start no spark condition, turned out to be the opti spark, but i never had problems like this.........

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no cats to clog, custom pipes all the way back :frown:
when i first start up from cold, it runs smooth and strong........

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
have u had it checked for codes yet????

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well here i am again lol
new egr, new coil, new opti spark, i got the same damn problem :eek: the plugs look ok but starting to turn black, i scanned the car, the egr problem is gone, but now its telling me right side o2 sensor has reading lean condition, hmmm could this be an o2 sensor malfunction, or something mechanical annnyy advice would be much obliged :confused:
tae

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Check you fuel pressure. Pump could be heading south.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts