Impala Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's time for my to change my front rotors, and while I'm there I figure I should change out the brake pads I've got about 60k on. This will be the third set of rotors (they were replaced under warranty around 30k) and I would like to get a quality part that might do better with my heavy braking. Does anyone have a recommendation for rotors and pads?

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Duralast gold or cmax pads from autozone, one of the few things I would actually recommend from autozone. Have heard and read of a lot of trouble with warpage with aftermarket rotors. Around 180,000 miles on our 2012, still on the factory rotors, I will put genuine replacement factory rotors back on when the time comes.

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
^+1 on the AZ Duralast Gold or C-Max ceramic pads. Lifetime warranty even due to wear-out. Buy 1 set and you're good for the life of the car.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Just did ACDelco coated on mine from Rockauto.com, so far so good. Just ordered my rear set too

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
What are the differences between the two that I should consider?
The cmax are a little more expensive, but imo are better pads for cars. The max are supposed to give better than original equipment performance while the gold are as good as factory. Both have lifetime warranty. In the gold pads, I think they are available in ceramic or semi metallic.

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Iirc, the Gold pads are a bit cheaper than the C-Max pads. I've only used the Gold, so I can't compare quality. Maybe C-Max are more "ceramic", lol? The Gold held up well on multiple Fords/Chevys. Good braking/minimal dust/ low noise.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts