Impala Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay , what parts can i take off a f-body ,if any ? i have a chance to get a rear-end and front rotors or spindles from a 48 k mile camaro . can i use these parts on my 95 9c1 ? i plan on getting the cluster to mod it .

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
What on earth would you want anything from an F-body for? The brakes are smaller, the ring gear in the rear end is smaller, even the engine has less power. You already have great brakes and a great axle, unless somebody got rid of them.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no im squared away , just thought the camaro parts would give me more wheel options and i can get the sock camaro wheels with new skins . if its not the way to go then eff it . i'll stick to the cluster . i would like the gears , mine are .308 's

·
Registered
997 Posts
They call the 7.5" rear axle the "tooth pick" for good reason. The small engine Caprices of 91-96 had them. Stock LT1 power will destroy one in short order with the weight and torque of a Caprice LT1. If you want disc brakes, the Impala SS / 9C1 rear brakes will fit any of the sedan 8.5" axles. If you want 5x4.75" bolt pattern, they make adapters.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have a 95 9c1. i wanted the gears 3.73 gears and the 5x4.75 bolt pattern if its not doable then fuck it .

·
Registered
997 Posts
Fuck it, for sure.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so the gears are crap too ? im trading him fbody headers for the cluster and whatever else i want . anything ? anyone? anyone?

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
You can't use the gears, they won't fit. And the 95 had a 5 on 5 bolt pattern, you should have plenty of wheel options, but not from an 85 f body.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts