Impala Forums banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Hmm... @mwilson62000 - don't you also use a svx300 external tuner with your GM1210?? I'm not understanding why it would work for you and not the OP of this thread.... Rosen hasn't updated the firmware on the GM1210 in quite some time (years), so it just doesn't make any sense to me that it's a firmware issue....

@mwilson - can you please post a screenshot of your current firmware versions when you have a minute?

Sent from my Hi10 pro using Tapatalk
I just attached a pic of my firmware settings. I’ve never updated them since I installed mine almost 3 years ago. Never any issue with the SVX tuner. I would sent this to Walt and let him know mine works fine.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
12,432 Posts
Yep, it looks like you have a newer version of the firmware...
@mwilson62000 - do you use the SXV200 or SXV300 add-on XM tuner?

There must have been a recent firmware update because as about a year ago, the version that @mwilson62000 is running was still the latest version. I do have the version that @mwilson62000 is running, although it wouldn't do you any good right now since you don't have the radio to try it. :)

You used to be able to download the lastest firmware from the CarShow website, but they removed that from the site for some reason... I do have access to the Rosen "dealer" support site, but the latest version they have posted is the version that @mwilson62000 is running - they don't have any newer versions posted. The latest version they have posted mentions that it was upgraded to support the SXV200 - no mention of the SXV300...

·
Super Moderator
12,432 Posts
Ok, thanks @mwilson. So it sounds like at least a temporary solution is to install the previous firmware, as we know that works with the SXV300... Obviously, Rosen still needs to the fix the updated version though. I wonder what was added/fixed in the updated version.... Does anyone have any release notes for it?

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Well if you look t my earlier post I did update the firmware that came on 1210 when it didn't work to the one on Walt's site and it didn't work either ,I emailed Walt that,but will get to button of it today ,this has been going on for 2 months and I'm starting to get upset,try it on a new radio that Walt has and see if it works it not that hard

·
Super Moderator
12,432 Posts
I guess the question is this: What version originally came on your GM1210? I have a feeling that it came with the latest version and when you "updated" it, it really just reinstalled the same version...

41 - 48 of 48 Posts