Impala Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gets pretty cold up here and we use our heaters a lot and I noticed last winter that the heater was boiling my right foot and my left foot was freezing.
I had a look and there are two triangular outlets on the air box that just blow straight at the gas pedal so I took an old pool hose and inserted it into one of the triangles and ran it across under the dash to blow half of the heat onto my left foot. (I caped off the end with duct tape and cut two holes that blow downward toward the floor).
The pictures show 1-the hose, 2-the standard outlet, 3-the hose in the outlet & 4-the installed pipe.
This doesn't interfere with your feet and when sitting in the car you don't even see it. It works perfectly now, both feet are the same temp, so if your left foot is always cold try this simple free mod.

Attachments

·
Registered
232 Posts
Nice quick and dirty mod for a real-world problem. Most cars have this problem - nice fix!

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
It does the job, though maybe a black hose might be better. :)

·
Registered
765 Posts
Awesome idea, I need to re-route the vent under the passenger seat so it doesn't blow ice cold air on my amp under that seat. I'm stealing this idea lol!

·
Registered
520 Posts
Awesome idea, I need to re-route the vent under the passenger seat so it doesn't blow ice cold air on my amp under that seat. I'm stealing this idea lol!
Wouldnt cold air be good to be blown on the amp to keep it cool?...

I have noticed the same thing about my right foot always boiling Ill have to look into this for sure.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Wouldnt cold air be good to be blown on the amp to keep it cool?...

I have noticed the same thing about my right foot always boiling Ill have to look into this for sure.
I thought the same initially, but that cold air plus the amp getting hot caused condensation inside of the amp and caused it to break. I'm pretty sure that was the cause of it, I wasn't bumping loudly at all that particular day when that amp died suddenly. Looked at my climate controls and they were aimed at the feet.
The amp is so long that it has to sort of sit just on top of that vent so the air that comes outta the vent is aimed directly at the bottom of the amp.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts