Impala Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Brown wire at pin "A" is B+ and the Black wire at pin "B" is ground at the back up lamp bulb. The Brown wire at pin "D" is B+ and the Black wire at pin "B" is ground at the big 4 way connector seen in the pic.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What do you mean by B+ and I'm still kind of confused of the difference between both black wires connected to the bulb.

·
Registered
625 Posts
B+ is Battery Positive or the power side, and ground is of course the ground side. It may be very hard to see since the lettering is very small and faint but the terminals should have a letter at them where the wire inserts into the socket. Their will be at least one of them lettered, usually "A", then the next one to it is "B" then "C" and so on and those may not be marked.
The brown wire is B+ (pin "A" witch is on the right side of the bulb in your pic) and the black wire is ground (pin "B" witch is the center wire). Pin "C" is not used even though that is ground as well.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Brown wire at pin "A" is B+ and the Black wire at pin "B" is ground at the back up lamp bulb. The Brown wire at pin "D" is B+ and the Black wire at pin "B" is ground at the big 4 way connector seen in the pic.
That picture is perfect because it is the exact one I have
I connected the red wire from the back up camera to the brown (that's the brown from small backup bulb)
then connected the black wire from the backup camera to the black(that's the middle black wire from the small backup bulb)

I then connected the yellow RCA plug to the Camera Input option in the back of the Valor double din radio (which I installed and will not shut off with car)

The camera is not coming on when I put it in reverse.

any hints, videos, pictures would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
133 Posts
For what it's worth, I discovered some time back that the reverse lights on my 2010 do not come on unless the engine is running. (It sure makes it harder to check bulbs this way!) This is different from many vehicles of the past, where they would come on with the key in the "on" position, even with the engine off, and you shifted into reverse.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Reverse lights and camera

I have to wire an additional sensor wire from the BCM to the JVC receiver to let the receiver know when to switch on to camera mode when I put the car in reverse. I can hit the manual camera button with the car in reverse and it works.

·
Super Moderator
12,441 Posts
Just to help others in the future, here is a picture I took from this thread (I think), where I labeled the wires to tap into for a backup camera (created this for another user originally, figured I'd post it here as well).

In my opinion, you are better off tapping into the wires coming out of the reverse-light socket - this way if you completely mess something up, you just need to replace the little reverse-light pigtain instead of messing with the wiring that actually runs throughout the entire vehicle.

Just to clarify, you want to use the middle wire for the ground (in case the arrows were not clear enough). Hope this helps someone in the future! :)

Sent from my HP SlateBook 10 x2 PC using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts