Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 2004 Impala and the exterior is in perfect shape but the interior is completely trashed, does anyone know the approximate cost to redo the whole interior.

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
The whole interior? Your best bet is to do it yourself or you would spend way too much to even make it worth while. I would start at a junkyard and find as much as you can.

·
Registered
46 Posts
well i know the previous owner of my car said he paid 2k just for leather seats now this is just what he told me no proof of it but most likely an estimate of around what you would pay for just seats.

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
Your best bet is to find one with a major mechanical problem and pick it up cheap. Swap interior with it and pull any spare parts you may need, then throw you take off parts back in it and take it to the scrap yard and make some money back.

Reactions: RYD SLO

·
Registered
848 Posts
Cheap side: Buy donor parts from other cars and swap it yourself.

Expensive side: Go full custom, like this one :beer::giggle:

·
aka IMPALER
3,174 Posts
Plastic panels can all be repainted with SEM paint, extremely cheap and easy (insert dirty joke here). As far as seats go, I agree with everyone here that says go to a junk yard and get some. MUCH cheaper. At most you'd spend a couple hundred bucks, not 2K... Carpet is easy to install, google stock interiors and they'll set you up with one for ~$150 shipped.

EDIT: IF plastic panels are cracked, that can also be repainted but you might as well save the trouble and see if you can find some at the junkyard.

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
I know I'm getting the vinyl floor when I do mine possibly with the gtp/gxp front seats and a ls center console with a cover over the shifter hole or I may mount my cb for work in it. No use in swapping mine to floor shift, although I would love to...

To the OP (Konner125) , is your Impala a base, ls or ss? Bucket or bench seats?

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
I know I'm getting the vinyl floor when I do mine possibly with the gtp/gxp front seats and a ls center console with a cover over the shifter hole or I may mount my cb for work in it. No use in swapping mine to floor shift, although I would love to...
Sounds like a good plan. Swapping to floor shift just wouldn't be worth the hassle. Sure it's nice though

You guys are giving me too many ideas :bang:

OMG... I want to ride in this car... NAKED!!!
That's kinky man :clap:

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
Your always gonna have new ideas, weather they are a reality or not. A gearheads project is never done :eek:k3:

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
Your always gonna have new ideas, weather they are a reality or not. A gearheads project is never done :eek:k3:
Correct you are :eek:k3: Someday I will get them done

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for all the ideas, i think im going to go with the junkyard and get as many spare parts as i can, but instead of getting new stock seats i think im going to buy bucket seats.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Is that paint for all the plastic paneling or just certain ones because some of the paneling is a different type of plastic than the others.

·
Banned
667 Posts
well i know the previous owner of my car said he paid 2k just for leather seats now this is just what he told me no proof of it but most likely an estimate of around what you would pay for just seats.
seats are only about used 700 for factory ones maybe less depending on the condition

1 - 20 of 29 Posts