Impala Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys planning to delete the resonator and mufflers on my 2013 LT and just go witht he straight pipe. How much of a difference on sound would tips have and are resonator tips better than regular exhaust tips? Thanks for any response.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Regular exhaust tips will have no effect on the sound... Those would be strictly for looks and definitely a must because these cars look good with a nice set of tips.

Resonated tips are more expensive and don't do too much to tone the sound down. I would say buy a set of them if you find some that you like more than a set of regular tips.

I would make sure the shop that does your work removes the stock resonator neatly in case you don't like the sound of it... This way it can be put back on with little effort.

Here is a shot of my tips on a stock exhaust...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Regular exhaust tips will have no effect on the sound... Those would be strictly for looks and definitely a must because these cars look good with a nice set of tips.

Resonated tips are more expensive and don't do too much to tone the sound down. I would say buy a set of them if you find some that you like more than a set of regular tips.

I would make sure the shop that does your work removes the stock resonator neatly in case you don't like the sound of it... This way it can be put back on with little effort.

Here is a shot of my tips on a stock exhaust...

Thanks alot for all the info! I was actually thinking of putting an Aero AR25 resonator on there, saw a video on youtube of one on a 2012 LTZ with no muffler and straight pipes and sounds pretty nice.

·
Registered
697 Posts
No problem, glad to help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts