Impala Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so some one hit my passenger mirror and it broke some of the plastic, I am now in need of a new mirror. I am just wondering if anyone has bought a replacement mirror other than from the dealership. I was looking online and saw one from TYC.

Thank you:

Mark

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
Grab a used off ebay, And get some dupli color paint.

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
I have never used tyc, I prefer to stick to stock for a guaranteed fitment.

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
^^ Not worth it!! Go with tyc's extremewhite. $27 each BRAND NEW on rockauto.com

Dorman's run $45 each new. Dorman is a more trusted brand but, I am sure tyc's are fine

Note: These all come primed and ready for paint. No need to sand, fill chips, etc as you would with used ones.

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
why not get one that is all ready factory pained, his color?
Hard to find ones in "great" shape. Most are chipped up from bugs or stones and have fading. I suggest going with brand new primed one's and picking up a can duplicolor touch up paint.

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
I have used TYC products, always appear to be exact stock replacements to me.

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
ok thank you I went on that website what is this brand that Is on that rock auto.

VARIOUS MFR Part # GM1321243
I also saw those but, the really cheap price would have me a little concerned. Go with the TYC's. King said they are okay :eek:k3:

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
More than I would pay, that's why the good lord invented duplicolor.

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
More than I would pay, that's why the good lord invented duplicolor.
Agreed

OP: They are already primed and ready for paint. No sanding should even be required before paint. Pick up a can of duplicolor match paint in a spray can. Will have to get your paint code which someone at AA or similar will help you find. Spray light coats and allow at least 30min dry time in between. Then, let dry for 24hrs and do a 2k grit wet sanding. Could then, do a clear coat or just polish and wax.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts