Impala Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1975 Chevy Impala and I am having difficulties removing the old wiper blades. There does not appear to be any latch on the blade to remove it, there is just a pin which goes through the wiper blade. Can someone please give me detailed help, a diagram, or just tell me how to get them off?

·
Registered
371 Posts
I have a 1975 Chevy Impala and I am having difficulties removing the old wiper blades. There does not appear to be any latch on the blade to remove it, there is just a pin which goes through the wiper blade. Can someone please give me detailed help, a diagram, or just tell me how to get them off?
Depends on what brand is on there now. Generally on top of the wiper blade there is a tab that you push up or down that releases a latch that locks over that pin on your wiper arm. Some blades have a pivoting lock that goes over the pin. If worse comes to worse, go hit up your local car parts store and have them show you. They generally will be helpful, especially if you buy something off them. (New blades perhaps?!)

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
yeah prob one of the only good things parts store do is replace it if u dont know how ive seen them do it to plenty of non mechanic friendly moms lol:biggrin:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts