Impala Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How to I replace the rear 6x9's?

can aftermarket 6x9's even fit in the OEM places?

and can they be hooked up to the stock amp or do i have to buy a four channel amp?

I already have two 12's in the trunk, i just wanted a little more push.

·
Registered
483 Posts
How to I replace the rear 6x9's?

can aftermarket 6x9's even fit in the OEM places?

and can they be hooked up to the stock amp or do i have to buy a four channel amp?

I already have two 12's in the trunk, i just wanted a little more push.
I replaced the rear speakers with no problem. I replaced the front 4x6 with 5 1/4"

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
I replaced the rear speakers with no problem. I replaced the front 4x6 with 5 1/4"
+1:biggrin: Did the same with my 77 Impala. That is I also have 6x9's in the rear deck and 5 1/4 on the front dash. Maybe I should post some Pics of them, after I take the pics of course. Mine are not the exspensive speakers but do a very good job.

I did have to modify mine for the car could from the factory have the 6x9's but that option was not installed. The holes in the metal were their but the carpet was coving up the holes.

·
Registered
15 Posts
rear 6x9s is a snap, its not hard at all, what kind were you thinking and if you wanted em to get a lil more kick i would throw a 2 channel amp in there, you said you have subs so you might be able to get away with just a distro block off the gear you allready have,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts