Impala Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first post here and let me preface this by saying that I'm not very mechanically inclined, so forgive me if my questions come off as, well, stupid.

It is apparent that I need to replace the shocks/struts on my 2000 Chevrolet Impala Sedan (v6, 3.4L). I've shopped around online and quickly realized that I'm not entirely certain of the exact parts I actually need. I didn't realize there was a difference between shocks and struts! :frown: haha...

Anyway, if someone could fill me in on the shock/strut setup on the impala it would be greatly appreciated. Do the front and back require shocks or struts? Shocks on the back? Struts on the front? Etc.? Is there anything else that usually needs to be replaced when fixing the shocks/struts?

A diagram or something of the entire assembly for the Impala would be helpful, I just couldn't find one. I really want to purchase the parts online because they are so much cheaper. However, I don't want to get screwed over or purchase the wrong parts. I have asked questions of some of the sellers of shocks/struts I've checked into about the Impala specifically and they have either been unresponsive, dismissive, or generally not clear in explaining what I need.

I'm hoping someone here can help me. I'll check back here for responses, but if someone wants to drop me an e-mail to help me out with this I would greatly appreciate it.

[email protected]

Thanks,

Derek

1 - 1 of 1 Posts