Impala Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy, fellow wagon aficionados -

My old lift arms have given up the ghost, so new replacements have been purchased. These are "Mighty Lifts", and a machinist buddy of mine will be helping with the installation. Do you fine folks have any advice for us, before we get the switch-out rolling? I want to make the process as easy as possible for him - if it's an easy fix, that's great - otherwise, help is mucho appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
828 Posts
It's easy.
You unplug the two electrical connections for the rear window defroster, then each gas strut has a curved metal clip at each end you need to remove with something like a small flat screwdriver.
Remove the clips, put on the new gas struts and snap the clips back in place.

I'm jealous, I've been using a broomstick to hold my rear window open for a few months.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I'm jealous, I've been using a broomstick to hold my rear window open for a few months.
Broomstick, that’s old school right there. My buddy at work has gone high tech; he uses a pair of vise grips on the hood strut:rolleyes:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks a lot! I came pretty close to incorporating a broomstick today - had a vintage bicycle meet, and lugged the 1963 cruiser there. Just managed to get the old girl in and back out - twice...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts