Impala Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I think I understand the process but I can't find anything specific on the 2010 3.5L.

Girlfriends cars been doing that flakey oil pressure low, shut car off thing and it goes in and out. I see its a common issue. She has no ticking or pinging and the oil levels are fine so I'm guessing the sending unit or the wiring it the issue.

$16.95 for an OEM GM off Amazon so I had her order one.

Looking at a diagram of where it's at on the oil filter housing but what else is in the way of getting to it?

Any links with instructions? Going to do this outside in the snow don't really want to turn this into an engine rebuild! Joking joking! :)

Thanks!

·
Registered
312 Posts
I did the one on my 2010 but it has the 3.9. I bought the sending unit socket from oreilly auto parts for around $7. and used a long extension. Took about 5 minutes with the right tools. It solved my problem. Have not had the low oil pressure warning since I changed it.

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
I did the one on my 2010 but it has the 3.9. I bought the sending unit socket from oreilly auto parts for around $7. and used a long extension. Took about 5 minutes with the right tools. It solved my problem. Have not had the low oil pressure warning since I changed it.
Even if you only use the tool one time, it's still money well spent. That 7 bucks enabled you to save 5 to 10 times that amount had you paid someone else to do the repair.

And, if you ever do get to use the tool again, there will be a moment of exhilaration knowing that you have just the right tool for the job :)

Doug

·
Registered
17 Posts
I had the pleasure replacing mine (08 LT 3.5L) last week and took like couple hours. As I couldn't unhook the wiring harness from the top (heat shield and air pump pipe removed). I resolved to jack up the car and drained the oil and removed the oil filter and used a pick to undo the harness tab.

Is 90psi (displayed on ScanGauge) at highway speed normal oil pressure?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.