Impala Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought an 06 for 2k, which I felt was a deal, but realized the front speakers are shot.
How hard is it to replace them? I do not have the cash to replace the stock stereo right now, the real speakers are solid and sound great but all I get is a slight whisper with the two front speakers.
An help would be appreciated.
Thank you

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
I just bought an 06 for 2k, which I felt was a deal, but realized the front speakers are shot.
How hard is it to replace them? I do not have the cash to replace the stock stereo right now, the real speakers are solid and sound great but all I get is a slight whisper with the two front speakers.
An help would be appreciated.
Thank you

Which two front speakers? What are “real” speakers?

The two front speakers in the lower portion of the front door trim panels are easy to replace - but require removal of the door trim panel (which is also very easy).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Which two front speakers? What are “real” speakers?
Yea, just the front door speakers. They seem to be blown. I was told to take it apart clean the wires first, but I figured after 14 years, they are probably blown.
Should I bother with Crutchfield and spend the 40.00 because they come with speaker connectors?
I am new to alot of this, bear with me. I want to change out the stock radio, but I need cash and time.
One thing at a time for me, plus have to replace the silly wheel covers where all the paint is off.

The two front speakers in the lower portion of the front door trim panels are easy to replace - but require removal of the door trim panel (which is also very easy).

·
Registered
363 Posts
Pop the little plastic clip pc out from behind the interior door latch handle then remove the torx screw, pull the rubber bottom pc out of door pull to reveal two bigger screws and remove them. There’s a reflector on the lower back of the door, pop that out w the same small flat blade to reveal another screw and remove. Remove the plastic triangle on the front of the door. If you have a trim removal tool great, or use a cloth and big flat blade to carefully pry the panel loose. Pull all the way around to get them all free. Then carefully pull the panel up and remove the power harness. The speaker is in there. It has an integrated plastic mount which is available from audio supply stores. To remove the pillar pc, remove the little tab to reveal a screw and remove.
There are you tube vids on how to take the whole car apart if you look.
Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts