Impala Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Go Get It
15,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you know, my car was broken into over the weekend. The car was mostly undamaged, except for part of the b-pillar trim, and of course, the window.

I tried to bang this piece back into shape with a hammer with no luck. I want to replace this piece, but I can't quite figure out how to get it off. Has anyone done this before? What is the procedure for removing and replacing this piece?

Pictures:

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
try pulling off the inside b pillar trim and see if its bolted to the car? i always figured it was on with an adhesive, but from that prying, it may not be.

·
Go Get It
15,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It looks as if the metal is wrapped around the outside edge of the door, and then the top and bottom are held on by the rest of the door surround, possibly with screws as well.

I want to see if anyone here has done it before or knows how to do it. If not, I'll just go to the junkyard, so if I mess it up, it won't matter.

·
Go Get It
15,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I don't really know what to call it, which is why I included pics lol

Thanks for the help :beer:

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts

·
Go Get It
15,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I do want those "piano black" pillar covers...

I'll try the clamp trick if I can't figure out how to switch em out, because it still won't be perfectly flush, which is how I want it lol. Looks like a trip to the yard is in my near future lol

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
Ouch I did not know about this damage.

·
Go Get It
15,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, I don't really understand how it got there... I mean why would you try to pry right there instead of smashing it?

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
Yeah, I don't really understand how it got there... I mean why would you try to pry right there instead of smashing it?
Doesn't make sense to me :dunno:

Unless he had a hard time smashing the window b/c of the tint but, I doubt it

·
Go Get It
15,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Turns out these are riveted in. I'll be trying Scotty's c-clamp suggestion

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
Great info. Thanks

Let us know how it goes