Impala Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Transmission problems with my 2006 3.5 Impala is what brought me here. I have read through some of the bad transmission threads and see that the problems I am experiencing are common (shudder, no gears at stop light). There is a lot of metal shavings in my fluid and my fluid seems to leak but never enough to leave a puddle. The car has 89k on it, original motor/trans.

I bought this car 1 year ago and have not been able to drive it for the last 6 months because of the unreliability. Short trips (>1 mile) it does fine but when it gets warm it will leave me stuck at a green light.

I am now looking to rebuild/replace the trans but am having trouble finding information on a good replacement. I read about a shop in Indiana but I am located in Tulsa, Ok and will have to have the repairs done here.

I appreciate any info and thank you in advance for any assistance.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
If the person who owned it before you bought it drove the car hard, then the transmission is probably going. You can try changing the fluid and filter, but don't do a powerflush, as they can make the problem worse. Welcome to the Impala Forums. :)

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Fluid change isn't going to help it at this point, its dead. You could order a trans from triple edge performance and have it installed locally, but it isn't cheap. Otherwise you're just going to have to find a local shop or dealer, I wish I could help you further, but I have zero familiarity with the Tulsa area.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Transmission problems with my 2006 3.5 Impala is what brought me here. I have read through some of the bad transmission threads and see that the problems I am experiencing are common (shudder, no gears at stop light). There is a lot of metal shavings in my fluid and my fluid seems to leak but never enough to leave a puddle. The car has 89k on it, original motor/trans.

I bought this car 1 year ago and have not been able to drive it for the last 6 months because of the unreliability. Short trips (>1 mile) it does fine but when it gets warm it will leave me stuck at a green light.

I am now looking to rebuild/replace the trans but am having trouble finding information on a good replacement. I read about a shop in Indiana but I am located in Tulsa, Ok and will have to have the repairs done here.

I appreciate any info and thank you in advance for any assistance.
Hello!

I'm not able to help or advise you I am sorry. Yes it is a very common faluty issue
on these cars.

My bother has a 2010 105k miles fluid change every 35k mikes. It is an Impala as well.
Lunge and bam when he pulls from the stop sign. Not every time but most times.
I Live in Indiana-- mind sharing the contact info with me regarding a the Indiana repair shop??

I'm just not able to help you- Mason

1 - 4 of 4 Posts