Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the replacement part# for a Evap Vent Solenoid? I am getting a "Tighten Gas Cap" message and my CEL is coming on. I suspect it to be the solenoid after reading many others posts about the same problem. If you have the part# and possibly the place you ordered your replacemt from I would greatly appreciate it. TIA

·
Registered
954 Posts
Vaboi, I see in your owners manual that the diagnostic system can determine if the fuel cap has been left off or improperly installed (page 5-9). Your check engine light comes on to indicate that there is a problem and service is required, although malfunctions often will be indicated by the system before any problem is apparent. Please send me a private message if you decide to involve a dealership at any point and would like assistance working with them!

I realize you're looking for DIY input from other owners, though, so I do hope they chime in soon with helpful feedback for you!

Katie
Chevrolet Customer Service

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
It can usually be cleaned and still work fine, I would try that first. I don't have the part number handy, otherwise I would post it for you. Usually its about $15-20 though.

Reactions: vaboi

·
Makes your VISION, stop & stare
3,934 Posts
rockauto.com most likely it will have the part number you want. goodluck

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the information! I checked on rockauto and found what I was looking for!

·
3,934 Posts
no problem. any more questions we are all glad to help

·
3,934 Posts
whats the cost for that.? just in case i ever have to buy one

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It was around $17.00 on RockAuto. I also priced the Canister Purge Solenoid thats located under the hood. Part# for that is CP483 for about $15.00 and both can also be purchased on Amazon as well with the same part numbers. I ordered both just incase its one and not the other. Hopefuly when I get back to the states next month I can narrow it down and it solves my problem.

·
3,934 Posts
Man that's hell of a good deal. Cheap parts. Goodluck on fixing the ride if not fixed let us know. And thanks for serving the country be safe out there!

·
3,934 Posts
did you get the part put in?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I got the part in but havent put it in yet. I am still overseas and wont be back in the U.S. until next month so I will do it then. i will be sure to update if it worked.

·
3,934 Posts
That's good. Just update for sure on the fix. Are you going to be using the youtube video as your guide?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I am probably just going to use it to verify the location of the solenoid. Hopefully its as simple as the video is. Maybe I'll make my own more detailed video of the change.

·
3,934 Posts
Yea true, just post it up in the DIY thread I'm pretty sure some one will thank you for post up the video

·
Registered
148 Posts
Hey guys, A year or two ago I had to change out the Evap Solenoid on my 2006 Impala. It's very easy to do. The solenoid is buried in the upper wheel well directly above the driver' side rear tire. Just poke a flashlight up there and you'll be able to spot it. It looks just like the part you posted here. Once you get the fastener loose, you simply pull it out and swap it. You don't even have to use a jack to get the car off the ground for this! It may be a tight fit, but I did this job in about 15-20 minutes with the car on the ground the whole time. Good luck! It's a VERY common problem these cars have and I am certain I will have to do it soon on my 2007 Impala that just hit 70k as well.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Interesting thing about these Evap Solenoids, if you listen close while you are driving, you can hear them on occasion. I usually hear mine just a few minutes after I turn the car on. It sounds like a series of 5 rapid clicks - duh-dUh-duh-dUh-duh. It also seems that the newer your Evap Solenoid is, the faster the clicking sounds (sounds more healthy).

·
Registered
760 Posts
to the OP, did you ever get this done?
and to Oriole, how did you swap the old tube that was on your old solenoid to your new one? i cant get the tube off of the old solenoid at all.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts