Impala Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The LED Driving/fog light on the drivers side of my 2015 Impala LTZ is out. The dealer wants $300 to replace it. I know the part is around $95. What does it take to replace the part? Too hard, easy, time, etc. I cannot find anything addressing this on youtube. Any advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
this article goes through the motions of adding the DRL's to a non-DRL car. it will also show what it takes to get to the assembly and you can probably use that info to complete your goal. i don't personally have a car that new, but i believe it is a pretty simple process.

http://www.impalaforums.com/chevy-i...7601-adding-ltz-led-drl-s-2014-15-impala.html

Hope this helps, post back if there are any other questions/concerns, or if it was successful.

·
Go Get It
15,095 Posts
I'm assuming your mileage deems you out of warranty? Because if you're under 36k, it should be replaced at no charge.

The front bumper needs to come off in order to replace the DRL lamp. You may be able to do it without removing the bumper cover but it's 100x easier with the cover removed. Removing the bumper cover is actually a pretty simple process. The entire project should take no more than an hour for a first timer. I could probably have it done in 20 minutes or less. The dealer and most shops charge based on book time. Book time to R&I the front bumper cover is probably around 1.4-1.6 hours. At your dealers labor rate, that could be anywhere from $100-$200, which is where you get the $300 price tag from.

If you need help with removing the bumper cover, I can definitely help by giving some tips and advice

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.