Impala Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I'm looking at replacing my wifes' headlamp assemblies in her '07 LS. The output on the stock units is junk at this point, and if I can upgrade to a projector low beam at least, and end up using legit HID bulbs in her car, it would be quite nice. I did this upgrade in my '15 Altima with upgraded Morimoto projectors and HID kit, and it's a huge upgrade over halogen and LED. I'll attach an Amazon link below, but I'm curious if there is any particular housing y'all would recommend over what I'll link to. Projector quality is a thing...the OE Nissan pieces are junk, especially compared to the Morimoto pieces. Thanks.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Those look so cool that I thought about buying a set for myself, either those or their Spec-D counterparts, but the more reviews I read, the less attractive they looked. Frequently reported problems included a lighting pattern inferior to stock, fogging, and water leaks. Also, IIRC these projectors do NOT work well with HID emitters - plastic melting, etc.

Amazon used to have several user reviews on these housings, but I see they've been removed. No surprise there, considering most weren't very flattering. Caveat emptor!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts