Impala Forums banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
cool, although after going through the manual it doesnt describe anything about atf changes, only engine oil/

and it says specifically to service it only at the dealer, does it mean that they drop the tranny at the dealers?

·
Registered
10 Posts
thats what I am thinking as well.
just never had to deal with this transaxle, with internal magnetic filter. i just hit 50k and the fluid already a bit discolored and smelly.

·
Super Moderator
12,441 Posts
I think the manual states 100k mile ATF changes, but most people here seem to agree that it should be changed every 50k at a minimum. Don't worry about the filter in the trans - it's not meant to be changed - dealerships don't change it either. It's designed so that it never needs changed (supposedly, anyway).

Luckily, there is a drain plug, so the ATF fluid changes are very easy....

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
3 Posts
So I bought a digital copy for my 2006 (should be the same for all several years)

It covers all engine types and is very detailed and very thorough. If anyone needs a copy let me know.
Are you selling the manual? I have a 2007 Impala and need more detail than a Chilton/Haynes manual.

·
Registered
2 Posts
So I bought a digital copy for my 2006 (should be the same for all several years)

It covers all engine types and is very detailed and very thorough. If anyone needs a copy let me know.
I'm in need of a manual for my 07 impala. I just bought this impala and discovered the cel has been disabled not sure how yet, I'm still needing to pull out the cluster to see. Any help would be great.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I could use it if you still have it, or if not where can I get a copy? Thanks a bunch.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Helm is the GM Factory manual publisher. They list the BRAND NEW Service Manual set for $200.
2008 Chevrolet Impala/Monte Carlo Service Manual Set 2 Volumes - Helm Incorporated

Don't bother with Fleabay unless it's for laughs. The manual mafia has em listed for $285. The set I just saw was well loved... It wouldn't meet ABE Books Fair condition. More like Binding Copies... I wouldn't pay over $100 for that set in that condition but they'll eventually get some rube to do it.

That link is now charging $385 ... Guess I will keep looking. Thanks for the info tho!

·
Registered
1,078 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
I have a 2006 Chevy Impala. I paid $2500 this past summer at Pep Boys for A/C repair since it had stopped cooling. Before that repair the car was fine. Since this expensive repair I have had to jumpstart the battery every week to 2 weeks. I bought a new battery less than 2 months ago. And still have to jumpstart every week to 2 weeks. The alternator has been tested twice with a reliable testor & tests fine. Nothing is being left on to kill the battery. In fact the car starts fine each day in between jumpstarts. Also, the power locks started malfunctioning after the a/c repair. Only the driver door lock responds & the other 3 don't. However after each jumpstart or with new battery installation the other 3 doors involuntarily unlock. Of course then I have to manually go around & relock them & they do not respond again until jumpstart. I realize I will need to take the Impala in for repair again but am not likely to return to Pep Boys as another expensive repair there would lead to a more expensive repair in a few months. Any thoughts on what the source of this problem could be
and where to take the car?
Take it to a Chevy dealer, more expensive, but cheaper in the long run.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I got a online folder to download the Haynes 2005-2011 Chevrolet Impala Repair Manual in PDF. If you are interested send me a private message.

It Is FREE OK? I only will give you the link.

21 - 40 of 51 Posts