Impala Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I am going to be removing and plastidipping my dash. I know how to remove everything BUT the upper piece, closest to the window. Anyone ever remove it? I can't see anything bolted in.

2004 impala.

·
Registered
642 Posts
You have to first remove the windshield garnish moldings from the left and right side windshield pillars. Then working from one side to the other gently pry up on the defroster grill to remove it from it's retainers and before complete removal you'll have to disconnect the DRL sensor from the defroster grill.

·
Registered
560 Posts
i was curious about this on my 09 impala... got some wires that desperately need hiding

·
Registered
642 Posts
auntjemima, The garnish moldings and the defroster grill are just held in by clips, no bolts or screws.

adamg38671, On the '09 the windshield garnish moldings have one screw behind a cover on the top part of the molding, and some clips. The defroster grill/upper trim panel is just attached with clips.

·
Registered
560 Posts
alright i appreciate it imma give it a try when it gets a lil warmer

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
when the mouldings and defrost vents are removed does the rest just slide out? The entire huge dash piece above the cluster is what i want removed.

·
Registered
642 Posts
To get that part off you will need to remove the Instrument cluster trim plate, this is the plate that goes around all the dash vents, radio, etc. Then remove the RKE module (it was under the defroster grill near the drivers side "A" pillar, you may also need to remove the Instrument cluster. Their will be 8 screws that hold the i/p upper trim pad to the dash. then you should be able to pull it out.

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Bart! I was about to just try and pull it out ;) time to go and test it on a junkyard car lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts