Impala Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
I am removing the interior on my impala 1) because is smells
2) becasue i am restoring the car (attemtping) and will be changing the color to the interior anyway. So my question is.....

If i am removing the interior to get rid of it, are there any important parts of the interior i should keep, im not talking about door panels and stuff like that cause im not removing those for a while, but like the carpet and seats and stuff. I was told that when i remove the carpet i need to make sure i dont pull bolt out of the floor. Is this true, if so how would I avoid that

·
Registered
4 Posts
I tore the entire interior out of my 68 and stripped it to bare metal. Make sure that you keep the seats and the frames unless you are changing out the seats too. the guy doing my seats and doing the finish work on my interior said that as long as he has the metal frames and trim for the seats he can redo them. I cut and welded all the original seat holes out because I have to make a custom bracket to drop the seats closer to the floor pan because I am too tall to sit in it otherwise.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I've never heard of that pulling the bolt. As far as what you should keep - everything! It's very difficult to find replacement parts for this year - very little as far as reproduction.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts