Impala Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello my name is Kevin and I am new here and glad to be here. I am sure my question may have been answered somewhere in this forum and if so please except my apologizes and please direct me to the correct thread. Ok I have never done this before but I have a JVC 2 Din KW-R930BTS and would like to install it in a 2005 Chevy Impala. I do not have Onstar or radio controls on my steering wheel only Cruise control. I do however have a non bose factory amp in the trunk that I would like ot bypass. Im not sure if there is a bypass jumper for this year for the amp or if I need to just splice some wires together. I have seen a couple diagrams on the internet of splicing the wires together to bypass the factory amp. I now have my stock radio out of the car and I see two wiring harnesses or two plugins from my stock wiring harness coming from the dash. I bought a wiring harness LC-GMRC-01 harness for the new radio from Amazon. I guess what I am asking for is can anyone tell me what the second connector from my original wiring supposed to go to? My new wire harness will plug into the factory harness but I still have a second small harness that will not plugin into my new radio. On my factory radio bot harnesses plugged into the stock radio. Also can someone recommend which way to go to bypass my amp. Oh the new wiring harness I bought is for non amplified vehicles so thats another reason I want to bypass it and because the new radio has a 13 band equalizer.Any help on this will be most appreciated. Sorry for the long post.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts