Impala Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If your 9th Gen Impala did not come from the factory with remote start, is this something which can be retrofitted with OEM parts? Has anyone had any experience doing this? If so, please share details. Thanks in advance for the constructive comments.

To clarify: I am not asking about fitting a universal aftermarket remote start system. Kindly omit comments to that end.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I found the Remote Start on the Chevy site. I called 4 Dealers in my area and got varying quotes. The price for the unit were all the same, but the install/labor varied. $150,$110,$100, & $92.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
https://accessories.chevrolet.com/ gonna run you about $357.92 installed at the dealer of your choice. you also get two key fobs. go to electronics when you get on website and scroll down to remote start. nothing aftermarket everything straight from chevy.
The only caveat is that 2017 is the last year listing a remote start kit; nothing for 2018 and up.

Background to my initial question: I am researching a new(er) Impala and it seems not all come with remote start (a nice option in the desert southwest). I'd like to assume the 2018 and up models are the same as the 2017 and lower in terms of remote start upgrade and/or all equipped with remote start, but have not confirmed this yet.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Had the GM remote start installed in my 2017 last week. It works just like the factory installed units that I've had in the past. Very happy with the results.

Did have a hiccup. The day of the install, I only brought 1 of my keys, thinking they would be cutting a new blade on the new remotes. Not the case, needed both keys because they remove the existing blades and install them in the new remotes. Had to return the next day to have second remote done. The Dealer had not told me that both were needed, so the only charged me half price for the labor. Total was $275 for the remotes and $46 for labor.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts