Impala Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
hello i replaced my battery today in my keyless entry and still dont work. Does it cost anything to take it into dealership and have them reprogram it? Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
have you tried locking the car then holding down the remote start button? if not hold it down for like 5 seconds i just got my car monday and didnt think it worked either till i got to trying differant stuff...good luck

·
Registered
8 Posts
i have own my 08 ss since last year and i have never had any problems with the remote push the lock botton and the circle thing at the top for about 3 to 5 sec. then it should start.:biggrin:

·
Registered
14 Posts
07 has a tech bulliten on the remote system

My 07 SS remote only worked when within 10 feet from the car. Turns out its a tech bulliten and they swapped out the transmitter and reciever. ALso fixed the steering culumn clunk.!

bob

·
Registered
657 Posts
hello i replaced my battery today in my keyless entry and still dont work. Does it cost anything to take it into dealership and have them reprogram it? Thanks

did you happen to take a look at the solder points where the battery "holder thing" meets the circuit board? on mine, the solder came loose and thats why the remote stopped working. there should be 3 points with solder, total.

·
Banned
351 Posts
If its a new remote, then to my understanding it NEEDS to be reprogrammed at the dealership.... asking if the charge you for that or not is kind of a silly question... i mean come on... we are talking car dealerships here... they charge you for the air they inflate your tires with.

Yeah these remotes suck... i replaced my battery thinking it would help and im still lucky if I hit a 50 foot range... if there are cars parked next to me then FORGET ABOUT IT.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts