Impala Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there!
I posted a message in the mechanical area after searching and finding a thread that fits the problem I'm having. If anyone knows or has an answer would love to hear!
Reduced power, check traction control and stabiltrac messages, check engine light on. I was luckily 4 miles from home and made it to the driveway. After googling I found quite a few have this problem and their cars just stall (which is quite dangerous if on a busy highway luckily I wasn't but going to drive it 20 miles to the dealer tomorrow...hopefully).
Thanks in advance for any help/info you can give.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Jolie, in sounds very very close to the problem with the ACCELERATOR PEDAL SENSOR (aps) has failed. Your dealer may or may not find this right away. From what you describe this is a common problem with impala in the last three or so years. I would like you to keep the board updated on this Jolie. thanks

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will write this down and take it with me and let you know what they find out it is. I've also found on line that it could be the throttle body. I did drive it a mile to my mom's and back the check engine light is still on but no messages are flashing but I didn't drive it far. Hopefully I will get to the dealers tomorrow with no stall etc. I was even thinking if it makes it to stop at Auto Zone and see if they can read the codes. I'm covering all bases as I purchased it used at a Ford dealer who as a courtesy takes it to one of the two GM dealers for service. Kinda thought having the codes before I go in would help and hopefully I won't get stuck with a big bill from them from reading it.

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
It's probably the bad throttle body issue, I have dealt with it myself. As far as warranty goes, if you push it you can probably get it covered, but they will fight you on it. A couple other members here have had to get an induction cleaning done before they would cover it, which they charge about $300 for, the throttle body is $300 and takes 10 minutes to change with the most basic of tools.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Jolie, in sounds very very close to the problem with the ACCELERATOR PEDAL SENSOR (aps) has failed. Your dealer may or may not find this right away. From what you describe this is a common problem with impala in the last three or so years. I would like you to keep the board updated on this Jolie. thanks

Just got a call from the dealer. They do have a certified Chevy technician (remember I bought the car from a Ford dealer who takes it to a GM dealer when it's a warranty item which I'm now out of the bumper to bumper warranty so they kept it at Ford). And you are correct it showed the code for the Accelarator Pedal Sensor and they are replacing it today. Yea!!! And it's not going to cost me an arm and a leg. Whew!!

Hoping this is it for awhile!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Could someone tell me is the Accelerator Pedal Sensor the same as the Throttle Body Sensor or are they two different things?

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Could someone tell me is the Accelerator Pedal Sensor the same as the Throttle Body Sensor or are they two different things?
Two different parts that work together.The apc is the gas pedal in the car. the car is what Gm calls a drive by wire meaning that when that gas pedal is pushed there is a electrical device that measure how much it's pushed and then sends that signal to the Throttle Body More Information for ACDELCO 2173108 where the signal tells the Throttle Body electrical stepping motor hooked to the air plate that opens and close as the gas pedal pushed.
The older styles had a cable or rod and spring to do the same thing.
Thanks for posting the findings on the car Jolie.

·
Registered
25 Posts
wait wait hold all your horses , slow down you guys . hope this isnt to late but this same thing happend to me, An additional thing happend the on demand went out, 8 cyl. all time. I ended up being the oil sending unit 20 bucks it sits right underneath the shroud. easy to pull off and unit is right there. get code first. good luck

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Well obviously if its throwing an oil pressure sending unit code you would look there instead of the throttle body.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts