Impala Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 04 Impala SS, currently I have air intake, throttle body spacer, HID lights, 3.4 pulley and aftermarket mufflers which I am not too happy about. Does anyone have any recommendations on any aftermarket parts that I should look into getting...nothing expensive and ridiculous....any suggestions...

-Thanks

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
downpipe - zzp
pcm - www.getoverkilled.ca
powerlogs/headers

what are you running for exhaust rightnow? if you ditched the res, try some magnaflows, will sound nice w/drone-ing you to death ;) check you tube theres tons of exh. vids on there

other than that.. maybe a set of 1.9 RR's?

how much you looking to spend anyway?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
downpipe - zzp
pcm - www.getoverkilled.ca
powerlogs/headers

what are you running for exhaust rightnow? if you ditched the res, try some magnaflows, will sound nice w/drone-ing you to death ;) check you tube theres tons of exh. vids on there

other than that.. maybe a set of 1.9 RR's?

how much you looking to spend anyway?

not alot, ive looked into the pcm but I dont want the dealership to know that ive modified my pcm because then it will void my warranty. No more then 200$ something around there....

·
Registered
358 Posts
not alot, ive looked into the pcm but I dont want the dealership to know that ive modified my pcm because then it will void my warranty. No more then 200$ something around there....
i would go with p-log and down pipe!!

so are you planning on drilling into that throttle body spacer & running nos!!!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i would go with p-log and down pipe!!

so are you planning on drilling into that throttle body spacer & running nos!!!
hahaha i wish i had nos, i dont wana blow my engine plus if the dealer ever found that good bye warranty that i purchased! lol any other suggestionss

·
Registered
358 Posts
hahaha i wish i had nos, i dont wana blow my engine plus if the dealer ever found that good bye warranty that i purchased! lol any other suggestionss

if the stealership noticed you have a 3.4 pulley on your blower they would void your warranty!!!

so did you notice any gains from the throttle body spacer.

i would def put some kind of exhaust!!! do you have any type of scan tool, are you checking your kr!!! i would never put anything smaller then a 3.5 without any exhaust work!!!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
if the stealership noticed you have a 3.4 pulley on your blower they would void your warranty!!!

so did you notice any gains from the throttle body spacer.

i would def put some kind of exhaust!!! do you have any type of scan tool, are you checking your kr!!! i would never put anything smaller then a 3.5 without any exhaust work!!!
believe it or not the dealer hasn't noticed the pulley...i think only because you really cant tell unless you do a lot of work on superchargers and then you will notice its smaller than factory. But no i am not measuring kr. I wanted to buy a gauge( http://intense-racing.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=IR&Product_Code=AFT-SCx&Category_Code=IE) that measures everything but i wanna by a a-pillar gauge but cant but i cant find anything for n 04 impala and to match my interior. With the the throttle body spacer I don't really see gain in performance but the whistling noise that i hear from it is unbelievable and i love it!!

·
Registered
358 Posts
i would focus on header's or even p-logs & a down pipe. def a gauge 2 watch kr.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
ya def need to scan for *KR once you get in 3.4 territory ;) even if its just a LS1M, or an aeroforce. LoTek Now has pillar pods for the Imp FWIW, and an aerofrce shouldnt void your warranty ;)

·
Registered
358 Posts
i would put some plugs & a 180* t-stat also!!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i would put some plugs & a 180* t-stat also!!
yeah i forgot to mention that as well, i put in a 180 degree tstat and autolite plugs....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts