Impala Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
The Engineer That Could
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i have the 1995 chevy caprice Lt1 and my transmission is pretty much gone. I'll get up to speed and the computer tells the car to shift into 3rd, but the car just revs really high and can't engage. It only stays in second gear. So is there anyone who knows where i can buy a rebuild it yourself kind of repair kit for the transmission of this car? thanks.

·
The Engineer That Could
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HAH! A tool i might not have... that's a rare occurrence. My grandfather was an autorepairman and my dad is an engineer. I HAVE ALL THE TOOLS. haha but in all seriousness thank you. i'll look into trying to acquire on to use.

·
Super Moderator
3,921 Posts
The tools I mentioned are tranny specific, the bushing drivers are even specific to just this tranny. Let us know how it goes. I really like to see people do things themselves. The only work I pay for at this point is alignments, and honestly I thought about buying those tools.

From the link above give Dana a call and he can hook you up with everything be it just parts, the tools too and advise should you need it along the way.

·
The Engineer That Could
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah we have everything we need for this transmission. we've consulted the manual many a time, and found out we got 'em all. But how much do you think a restore kit might cost? Oh and you will have pictures. I'll put up a thread later about how we made a custom transmission fluid flusher. Quite interesting.

·
Super Moderator
3,921 Posts
Depends what you want to do, you could redneck it with little more than the 3-4 clutch pack.

Looks like a good 3-4 clutch pack is $55 or complete rebuild kits start at $525. You can spend whatever you want in between.

My next tranny will be ultimate duty with billet servos, cryo's stuff, sleeved input etc, spent $900 on parts but my car already makes a lot of power and I want the next one to be the last one, capable of whatever I decide to do next.

·
The Engineer That Could
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ahh i see. we're gonna take it out of the car and try to figure out what we need and then order the parts from there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts