Impala Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have a new body style impala (2014 LT). I'm experiencing a constant rattle/ crackling sound somewhere between the Rear window - parcel self or C pellars. Can't pin point exactly where or what it is. Every time the car has movement the sound apears, doesn't Mather if stacionary or rolling down the road, If I tap the rear glass window I can replicate the sound slightly. I have checked the rear window defrosters, the high mounted stop lamp and have removed the c pillar covers to see if there is something off, but there's nothing apparent. I will appreciate any advice.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Hello,

I have a new body style impala (2014 LT). I'm experiencing a constant rattle/ crackling sound somewhere between the Rear window - parcel self or C pellars. Can't pin point exactly where or what it is. Every time the car has movement the sound apears, doesn't Mather if stacionary or rolling down the road, If I tap the rear glass window I can replicate the sound slightly. I have checked the rear window defrosters, the high mounted stop lamp and have removed the c pillar covers to see if there is something off, but there's nothing apparent. I will appreciate any advice.

Noises are hard to track down.

Have your checked the trunk to see if any items are loose, including the spare tire?

Does your rear seat have a middle, pull down armrest (my 2014 Impala 2LTZ does) that could be loose or rubbing?

Have you checked the sound speakers under the rear parcel shelf to see if they are loose?

Others have reported the rear parcel shelf liner underneath (in the trunk) has been loose and hanging down in the center, possible causing a rattling noise (mine was fastened securely)

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Also don't forget to check the rear wheel wells. Twice now I have heard a strange noise and found a damn small bush or tree branch in there. Weird how it attracts them. Never had that happen on any other car before.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.