Impala Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I have an 87 caprice landau coupe. I've done a ton of work to it. Motor is a 350 from a 95 silverado, monster transmission 700r4 stage 2 shift kit, and an 8.5" post rear from a 9c3 detective car, I believe it to be a 3.08, with rear disc brakes.

The car originally had the 200 4r, blew it and replaced it with the 700. Modified crossmember to accomidate dual exhaust and x pipe.

My main question is in regards to the proportioning valve, I'm not sure if I need to replace it, adjust it, get an adaptable one, or if it even matters. The car drives and stops fine enough. Any kind of help would be appreciated.

Just an extra bit, the car was wrecked, Hit in the back corner by some asswipe. All this stuff is going into an 86 caprice 2 door that I bought to replace it. Since I'm doing it all over figured I'd Double check on the proportioning valve, I have no reason to believe the rear or trans were damaged at all, but the body is irreparable.

·
Super Moderator
3,921 Posts
The proportioning valve can be modified to make the rear discs work better but GM delivered the disc rear cars with drum prop valve. Google "stealth bolt mod"

Good luck with the tranny, few years back when I was still playing with the 4L60E I looked into Monster and came to the conclusion I wouldn't install it if free.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts