Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,815 Posts
Does that account for uneven or interior side tire wear as well? It's about time someone filed a lawsuit about ANYTHING on the Impala. lol

·
Super Moderator
22,815 Posts
Sorry for not knowing, all the article said was this:

The rear spindle rods control the alignment of the rear wheels. Defective rear spindle rods can cause incorrect camber, resulting in premature tire wear.

NOWHERE does it say what part of the tires, just says rears.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh ya your right i didn't really read this one i read one in the newspaper but just found a random one online to post here. same thing just not as thorough but im glad they are getting sued for that because there is absolutely no excuse.

·
Registered
290 Posts
This seems like a slam dunk to me. I can't beleive they didn't just own up and fix it w/o having to pay lawers millions. Now instead of $300 per car, it will be $3000.

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
My neighbor has an 8th gen, I'm gonna check out their tires and tell them about the suit.

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
One issue, how the hell do you become a part of it? The article provides no information.

·
Banned
2,492 Posts
According to that link, the lawsuit is only for 2007 and 2008 Impy's, don't know why not 2006, or 2009+...

·
Registered
1 Posts
GM Faces Class action Lawsuit

General Motors,a company of diverse brands,selling over 7.5million vehicles in over 120 countries worldwide, has been served with a class-action lawsuit. The litigation originates from users of 2007 and 2008 Impalas. The case claims that faulty rear spindle rods are causing tires to wear too easily. In 2008 GM addressed the problem for Impalas sold as law enforcement cars, but not to consumer car owners. General Motors could hand out millions if the lawsuit works.A lawsuit claims that this company treated the police better than it did average citizens when taking care of a defective part in 2007 and 2008 Chevrolet Impalas.The lawsuit alleges that Impalas from the two model years have defective spindle rods, which connect the suspension to the rear wheels. The defect causes the wheels to misalign, which makes the tires wear out faster. The tires could also wear out unevenly, increasing the risk of a blowout. There were at least 30 drivers who have sent complaints about the issue to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.While none has reported an accident or injury related to the problem, several drivers said the rear of the car tends to swing out, especially when driving on snow or ice.I found this here: GM faces class action lawsuits over excessive tire wear

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Bah, still not worth it.

·
Premium Member
2,430 Posts
99% of all cars in Sweden comes with a three year insurance against damage to the car as standard. Hard selling one without. Though you still have to get the insurance against "third person" yourself. But thats ridicously cheap anyway.

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Seriously though, if anyone can find the information on how to become part of this suit, please post it here. Even though none of our 4 07's have this issue, I'm sure the boss would still like to see a check!

·
Banned
2,492 Posts
Like most class actions, there's usually a period afterwards when anyone who's affected by it can file a claim, and get what ever the settlement offer is..

"So affected car owners can now submit claims for compensation.

The vehicles involved are mostly passenger cars from the 1995 through 2004 model years equipped with the 3.1 L, 3.4 L, or 3.8 L V6 engines which were prone to intake manifold gasket failures. Further details on specific vehicles, the amount of compensation and how to make a claim can be found three ways.

- Go to www.gmcanadiansettlement.ca.

- Call the General Motors Customer Communications Centre, toll free, at 1-800-263-3777 (English) or 1-800-263-7854 (French).

- Write to General Motors Gasket Class Action Claims, General Motors Customer Communications Centre, 1908 Colonel Sam Dr., Oshawa, ON L1H 8P7."

·
Banned
2,492 Posts
who knows, but if that's the case, then why not 06? did they really start something new in 06, then change things again for 07 then find out in 09 that it didn't work and then rechange it?? just seems a little fishy to me..

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Well, I have 06's and 07's here, the only difference I've found so far is the 06's don't have TPMS.

·
Banned
2,492 Posts
maybe it will get expanded during the suit....who knows....like I said, seems fishy...

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
maybe it will get expanded during the suit....who knows....like I said, seems fishy...
Ya i agree seems weird about the 06 but when i do a search on 06 impala rear tire wear nothing really came up so maybe this 07 and 08 is the case. We'll see I just hope in the end I get something back for paying something out of my pocket I shouldn't have.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts