Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to know if anyone has had this problem and what there dealer has done for them. I have a 07 LT

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The camber is preset at the factory with no adjustment. service bulletins are on this issue. The rear tires have inside tread wear and you can see from the back of the car that the camber is way off

·
Registered
557 Posts
first of all are you rotating your tires regularly, I dont me front to back and back to front, i mean are you crossing the rear tires to the front? If you're rotating properly, are you doing it every 6k miles? If all of that stuff is done, the only way for the dealer to adjust your camber is to elongate the holes on the struts, its not hard to do, its just a pain in the arse.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats what my local mech said to just to elongate the holes in the strutplate. I took the car to the local dealer they would fix it at the tune of $450 dollars. I feel that its a quality control issue from the factory and it should be fixed by the factory(dealer). The car drives straight as an arrow on dry or wet roads but the beast raises its head on ice and snow. The car becomes a coffin ,3 weeks ago first time I drove on ice this year I was doing about 50mph and hit some ice and I had everything I could do to keep it under control. I drive truck for a living and I knew something was wrong with the car at that point:frown:

·
Registered
913 Posts
I had that problem at the start of my 2nd year owning the car. I blew one back tire on the freeway and the other had wire showing. My chevy dealership fixed the alignment problem and gave me 2 new rear tires. I paid a total of $65. Bitching at them usually works!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well my car is fixed as of today with NO HELP FROM G.M. or my DEALER ( Bergstrom automotive ) in Neenah WI. I took it to my mech and he found some aftermarket strut kits for this issue. Thats the good news the bad news the cost of getting this issue resolved at the tune of $500.

Be advised that the warranty on this is 10000 miles or 1 year. Here is the problem .This beast does not show up until the 2nd year and or between 10000 to 20000 miles , or you blow a tire or drive on icy roads.

Solution check you tire wear very often and not by looking at them!!!!!! get a tire depth gauge and record your readings on the inside of tread and outside tread and make sure the tread wear is not happening to fast or get in and get it fixed. MAKE SURE YOU DO THIS FOR YOU THAT JUST BOUGHT A BRAND NEW IMPALA BEFORE THE WARRANTY IS UP!!!!!!!!!

What I have found is this is happening on 06, lots of 07 and a few 08's

I will never Buy another product from GM or a dear of GM!!!!!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'll support Ford or Dodge before rice. The issue is the quality control and service that GM dishes out or lack of!!! I bought my Impala just like everyone else. It has a clean sporty look. drives and handles well and just a very nice set of wheels. Its just not supported well:frown:

·
Registered
557 Posts
Then you take it to another dealer, or bitch some more to corporate, the cars are excellent cars. Ford and Dodge are in the same boat, except, none of them have the class of a GM. And neither of them ride as well as a GM.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Here's my rear alignment warranty repair result...

I had to go to 2 dealers before getting the problem taken care of. I took the car (with 36,000 miles) to the selling dealer with the worn rear tire, sloppy handling, tires leaning in problem. They replaced the 4 rear suspension rods, 2 tires & did an alignment all under warranty. This would normally cost about $1250. I paid a $378 deductible as part of a goodwill deal. Considering the mileage on the car, I'm satisfied. If I had a lower mile car, I would have pressed for a lower or no deductible. You can print the image of the receipt from my garage & take it to the dealer for some ammo if they are giving the runaround as the first dealer I went to did. If your car is out of warranty, then get the rear suspension kit from: http://www.bmrfabrication.com/W-Body.htm Good luck all.

·
Registered
2 Posts
i'm having this exact same problem with mine. how do i get these mother f's to fix this. They are refusing. I called gm to no avail.

·
Registered
22 Posts
i'm having this exact same problem with mine. how do i get these mother f's to fix this. They are refusing. I called gm to no avail.
Welcome to the club. My car has been re-aligned four times... not really a back alignment issue but everything front end imaginable. They also had to "modify strut" for one alignment like people mentioned before here.

Calling to GM is about as useful as calling a psych reader. They wont tell you anything you dont already know, and at times they will sure question reality.
Have you called the 313-667-7153 number yet? Thats the "executive office" number. They at least speak fluent english there unlike the 1-866 number i started off calling. You might get somewhere, but I've been trying to get my impala properly repaired for 7 months and aint getting anywhere.

·
Registered
10 Posts
woblewoble

O.k. my baby girl is an 08 Lt w/20'' rims 35 series tires, last month the tires burnt up with 10k mi. the car shakes in the back doing70or80 it wobbles inthe back doin 10 to 20mph. allignment is good ive done front and back three times in last two months put camber kit or camber nut or bolt whatever it is thats had to be adjusted three times nothig is fixed tires are wearing really bad on the insides i can drive 10 or 20 mi. and you smell the burnt rubber! All comments and suggestions are very welcome!

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
buy a rwd caprice or impala boom problems fixed throw 22's on it w/ no problem i love my rwd:biggrin:

·
Registered
290 Posts
I've heard that the police package Impalas have a Technical service bulletin on this and will get fixed under warranty but only the police package. That seems like BS to me as the rear suspensions are the same weather or not they are police package. Personally I'm looking at buying a used police impala so I'm hoping that is has already been taken care of but if not it's still under the factory warranty.

·
Registered
14 Posts
i have 2008 ss with the excessive rear tire wear on the in side also the car handles like crap in the rain. fish tails all over . called GM filed a complaint .. They said I have to have the car looked at by a GM tech. first ..having the car looked a Monday .let you know how it goes..

1 - 20 of 37 Posts