Impala Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I'm wondering if there's a spot too compare my live data too "normal" tables or the range its suppose to be in. My Acceleration is a problem, and its worse when under load.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here is the Data At Idle

-Maf (lb/m) .32
-Map (hg) 11.2
-coolant temp 190
-IAT 160
-Abslt Tps 0.0 - 0.4
-IGN ADV 18-19
-ST FTRM1 26.6
-LT FTRM1 21.9
-02S11 0.035 - 0.045
-02S12 0.015

i haven't looked at the data while driving, i need a extra person.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Here is the Data At Idle

-Maf (lb/m) .32
-Map (hg) 11.2
-coolant temp 190
-IAT 160
-Abslt Tps 0.0 - 0.4
-IGN ADV 18-19
-ST FTRM1 26.6
-LT FTRM1 21.9
-02S11 0.035 - 0.045
-02S12 0.015

i haven't looked at the data while driving, i need a extra person.
maf looks WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY low
also (related) the FTs are waaaaaaaaaaay off
LTFT should be around 0looks like you have avac leak too, you should be seeing around 16" of [email protected] idle, Hell I see 11 and i have a huge cam and hge ported heads

3400 or 3800

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
maf looks WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY low
also (related) the FTs are waaaaaaaaaaay off
LTFT should be around 0looks like you have avac leak too, you should be seeing around 16" of [email protected] idle, Hell I see 11 and i have a huge cam and hge ported heads

3400 or 3800
"Related" as in when the maf's signal is low the FT's get thrown off, or is the vac leak the culprit? Interesting i would have never thought i had a vac leak, engine parts and hoses are still new looking.

Would it be possible that if the air filter housing wasn't latched on correctly or air duct tubing sealed around the air box opening, cause the issues with maf, or is the maf on the way out.

concerning the FT's is that a lean or rich condition? my mpg is questionable

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Edit: Upon Looking ive noticed the FPR and map sensor share the same vacuum hose, can a faulty FPR cause incorrect vacuum readings within the system. mine might be on its way out, theres a hint of gas smell in the vac line, not strong

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
just noticed your MAF readin was in a different scale, im used to Grams/sec... so it may not be off too much

but ya a vac leak or maf is USUALLY the culprut of bad trims

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Replaced the FPR and MAF today, throttle response and acceleration are back but im still getting low vac @ idle "10.5" and high LTFT. Where should i start, throttle body is fine, i have a couple spots in mind too check but pretty much stumped.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Found My Vac leak spraying brake cleaner around The EGR, car stumbled then died. Noticed It was loose so i tightened the bolts.... I over torqued the left bolt and broke the head off, so now i have a loose EGR with a broken bolt. Fixable or should i take it too the shop?

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Found My Vac leak spraying brake cleaner around The EGR, car stumbled then died. Noticed It was loose so i tightened the bolts.... I over torqued the left bolt and broke the head off, so now i have a loose EGR with a broken bolt. Fixable or should i take it too the shop?
intake end or manifold end broke?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
intake end or manifold end broke?
not sure. VVVVVV

i tried vise-grips and was going too try and drill it out but my drill wouldn't fit in at that angle, thought about torching it but gave up and ended up speaking too a shop down the street, theyll charge around 128 hr too care of it, the qoute was too vague. im under the assumption they'll make it a 260$ job.....not today

Funny thing is i put it back together too take it down too the shop, did some more live data readings since the egr felt a little tighter @ idle my STFT was -2.3 , The LTFT was 2.3 give or take a few. Map was still low 10.5ish Still need too fix the bolt but have a little piece of mind knowing the trims are back down. Ill try and take care of it this weekend.

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Try the vise grips again, use penetrating oil, get the vise grips as tight as you can possibly manage, then make them tighter than that. Put them on with the fat part of the handles facing up, then hit it with a big hammer, that should break it loose.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Try the vise grips again, use penetrating oil, get the vise grips as tight as you can possibly manage, then make them tighter than that. Put them on with the fat part of the handles facing up, then hit it with a big hammer, that should break it loose.
The space was so small, it felt like a chore trying to do anything in that area, thanks for the advice.

yea i guess the picture was too big, good news though is i took care of it on friday, mechanic charged me $60. trims look way better STFT Is usually 0.0 or goes up a little bit, LTFT is usually 3.3 max.

Bad News is my map is still low, little lower then before , at idle its between 10.0 - 10.7. car runs the best its had in awhile but cranking is taking long now. mornings takes at least 2 cranks, after the cars been sitting awhile i might get a nasty crank. im not even sure what too do, ive got my mind set on a diy smoke machine. I wish it was the map sensor itself, save myself some time.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i scraped the smoking machine project for right now just doesnt seem necessary, if anything im heading too the dealer for a diagnostics. On the other hand, Im thinking There might be an issue inside the engine. Checking the engine compression shouldnt be hard and will most likely tell me if theres an internal issue right? will be getting one from harbor freight.

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Its not 100% sure that it will tell you if there is a problem, but it is 100% that if it does, there is. Pinpointing what the issue is, is easier with a leak down tester. That is a device that lets you hook compressed air into the cylinders, then you figure out whats wrong by where the air is coming out. Ie: radiator= head gasket, intake= intake valve, exhaust= exhaust valve, crankcase= rings, etc.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts