Impala Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
re: TPMS issue, not sure if related to the TSB

Earlier in the week, I switched out the rear tires and the tire place busted the left rear TPMS. They replaced it, no worries but the system wasn't registering the sensor. I go home, and complete the 'tire relearning' process and all the tires but that one are showing up in the DIC. Figure the sensor is bad, and tire place is ordering a new one. I get back in the car later, and none of the tires are registering in the DIC. And I get a service TPMS system message in the DIC. So, I try the tire relearning again, and the 3 old sensors show up and the new one doesn't. I can live with that until the new one comes in. Turn the key off, turn the car back on and all tires are blank and get the same 'service TPMS' message in the DIC. I have had ZERO issues with the TPMS until this point, and I am stumped. Sounds like it is related to this TSB:
RCDLR RKE RVS start TIMS TPM transmitter vehicle #PIC4325A - (12/01/2006)

Read posts about this issue, but it seemed to happen gradually not all at once like my issue. I understand the new sensor being bad, but not sure why the rest of them are having problems now. Thanks for any help you can provide.

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
One of our cars has a dead battery in one sensor, it causes the same problem.

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Absolutely.

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
I've found the system to be pretty unreliable, kinda pointless, people should visually check their tires before going anywhere, or notice when they have a flat.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've found the system to be pretty unreliable, kinda pointless, people should visually check their tires before going anywhere, or notice when they have a flat.

I would agree to an extent. Still would prefer it to be working correctly. Especially if I end up trading it in somewhere down the line...

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Can't argue that, getting it working is on the tire place though, they screwed it up, they need to fix it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Went to the tire shop last night, and they replaced the bad sensor and everything is back to normal! Whew!

Amazing how one bad sensor can throw off the ENTIRE system.

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Just wait till the batteries start dying in them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts