Impala Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i turned my car on the other day and i usually wait for a cpl sec b4 driving and i notice that theres a rattling sound from under my car:eek: it sounds like something came loose like a bolt and i have no idea where its coming from kuz i havnt really check but it seems to be in the middle close to where my engines at............it wouldnt suprise me if something did come loose with my bad suspension which is pratically demolished and hasnt been replaced yet.......like when it knocked my battery cable loose and my car didnt start and didnt figure it out till the next day........ but anywho some input from you guys would be helpful thnx.

·
Registered
657 Posts
check your engine cradle bolts, they are known to come loose and make some noise.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Haha... Well get under it and have a buddy rev it a little. It could be any of a hundred things, you'll just have to chase it down. Like I said, check the exhaust, that's where most rattling noises some from. But don't do it when it's hot! That'll hurt a little!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ok i had a similar problem. I think you need to check your Manifolds and tighten the bolds. Usually when the bolts are loose they tend to make the manifold vibrate and make the rattling noise.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts