Impala Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all I was hoping there was some awesome people out there to help me troubleshoot what might be making noise after I changed out the brakes/rotors/calipers.
After changing them out I noticed when driving (finally no more squealing from the other brakes) but there was a rattle sound that started as soon as I would reach about 20mph and go away whenever I touched the brakes.
I assume its something simple but I am unsure what it may be. I made sure to tighten the lug nuts to spec, the caliper bracket bolts/guide pins and one did not have the torx bolt (looks like it rusted and broke off in a prior brake job).

Any help or where to look will be awesome!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Good afternoon, if I were you id double check to see if you have the right disk because the first time I changed my disks they sent me some wrong rear ones, also, the rear and front disk look almost similar but they are not. If I remember correctly the ones up front are a bit thicker. Anyways, if there is a noticeable rattling noise I would think something is not tightened properly. If it's a screech when stopping maybe your brake hardware set is not set or lubed properly, guide pins need a boot and lube aswell. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey thanks for the response. I ended up checking it out closer and it looks like the rattle clip on the one side wasn't right or bent (looked fine to me) but i changed it out and its no longer rattling. Man that was driving me crazy how loud it was. Thank you again for the info.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts