·
Premium Member
2,430 Posts
So it just hit 160 934.4 km? Cool... ;)

Reactions: David3800

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
My van has 358???K miles on the odometer. Runs great and never afraid to take it out of town.:eek:k3:

Make sure to follow the recommended maintenance on it and keep after the small stuff and it will run you a very long time.

·
Premium Member
2,430 Posts
^ Wow! Yes, keep up with the maintance and cars usually runs almost forever.

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
LS, so 3800 motor right? Those are supposed to be quite a bit better than the 3400, and I've got 2 3400's here with over 260k on them. So yeah, keep it maintained and it will last damn near forever.

·
Super Moderator
10,732 Posts
Wow! Thats 200 INDY 500 races. Congrats!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yep its the 3800 motor. No repairs done at all (knock on wood) just changed oil every 3,000 miles. The only thing im worried about is the transmission slips sometimes which worries me but it still runs like its brand new.

·
Registered
275 Posts
My 04 Impala Base model is at 85,000 and I think I'm going to do a transmission and oil change.

Have a 98 Toyota Avalon at 197k miles and it's stiill running great.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yep its the 3800 motor. No repairs done at all (knock on wood) just changed oil every 3,000 miles. The only thing im worried about is the transmission slips sometimes which worries me but it still runs like its brand new.
I've got the 3800 in my '01 Grand Prix. Also no major engine repairs.

Just replaced the usual stuff like alternator, PCV, belts, and fluids.

I had the tranny slipping too back around 68k miles. The guys at the 60k miles service didn't fill up the tranny fluid since I have a tranny cooler on it. So I had to get it rebuilt at AAMCO for $2,800. But that inspired me to do all my own service from them on, so it was a blessing in disguise.

Other than that, the engine runs very strong with 100k miles on it.

·
Every 2nd Matters
5,455 Posts
Random Thought:
Good Idea- Ordering a chili dog to go.
Bad Idea- Ordering a chili dog that makes you go.

·
Super Moderator
10,732 Posts
^^ Lets keep this going. Random thoughts. If you actually respond to a post or post anything other than a random thought from here on out, you are banned (for a day) from the thread. LOL

Everybody on board?

·
Super Moderator
10,732 Posts
Dogs smell terrible when wet.

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
I like fried chicken

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
I hate the coming snow storm that is due tonight through tomorrow.

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Thats more of a grinds my gears kinda comment...

Why can't I find the engine on my boss's boxster? I know its in the middle somewhere...

·
Super Moderator
22,815 Posts
^Right behind the seats. IIRC you need to lift the car to access the engine. My dad has a nice 98 w/ 40k miles. :)

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
^^ Lets keep this going. Random thoughts. If you actually respond to a post or post anything other than a random thought from here on out, you are banned (for a day) from the thread. LOL

Everybody on board?
^Right behind the seats. IIRC you need to lift the car to access the engine. My dad has a nice 98 w/ 40k miles. :)
Matt failed, he responded to the post above him, lol.

·
Super Moderator
22,815 Posts
Damn......See you guys on here tomorrow night.

I just ate a hot dog.

1 - 20 of 2673 Posts