Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i was kinda surprised, so were others at the track this mornin, it was about 80degrees and good track conditions with a cross wind, my first run was my best out of three, i ran a 15.094 @92.27mph, pretty damn good i would say. Only mods i have done are my dual ram intake, everything else is bone stock. i also ran 93 octane with 5w20 royal purple oil. my next two runs were slower, second run was a 15.2 then my last was way up to a 15.7, track got real hot after my first run.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Why are you running 93 octane? If you are not programmed for it your are just wasting your money.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Ran my '96 wagon at the local drag strip ( Atco Dragway in N.J.).Bone stock engine, air cleaner, trans, rear and exhaust. I went , in my opinion, a respectable 15.54 @ 88.6 m.p.h. Think it's time for some shorter gearing as I'd like to see at least a 15.00 @ 90. Not bad for a 4500 lb boat!

·
Registered
997 Posts
If I could make it up to run, and got decent weather probably almost 3 seconds faster than you.
HA, he sold it less than a month after that post. I took it, and things did not go well. It couldn't even cross into the 13's. It was a bit warm, but still. The next day, is when it started to smoke out of the tail pipes. It slowly got much worse, to the point where it looked like a 007 smoke screen. Piston #7 lost virtually all compression. :giggle:

·
Super Moderator
3,943 Posts
I ran my old 95 Roady wagon at 180K miles on 87 octane in decent weather and it went 15.5 at 88mph, crap in the back and all. The '04 Impala SS(blower 3.8l with I think just a K&N filter) in the next lane ran pretty close to the same time but I treed him and won. Needless to say the w-body guys on the board I frequented at that time were a bit upset

·
Registered
997 Posts
The "Chips" are garbage. Start your own thread, and we can get into that. :)

·
Registered
997 Posts
I forgot to mention last time:

95 RMS Code Named "Jesus (effing CHIRST.... What NOW!!!)"

SSRI CAI, Cat delete, Pypes X pipe & Spintech mufflers, Beehive VS, 1.6 RR's, PCM tune, 3400 EDGE stall, 2.93 posi, on Drag Radials.

Ran 14.21 at 91.79. I should add that I later found out the intake manifold bolts were loose, and that might have had something to do with the low trap speed.... and the fact that it shot 4 rods out of the block a week later. :D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts