Impala Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've done the cold air intake and have noticed better low end performance. High end is still a bit sluggish...I have a few ram air ideas. Welcoming thoughts and ideas!

·
Registered
30 Posts
I've done the cold air intake and have noticed better low end performance. High end is still a bit sluggish...I have a few ram air ideas. Welcoming thoughts and ideas!
Are you talking about a set up like the ones on the Firebirds?

Or just internal wise like the Corvettes?

·
Registered
296 Posts
if i had to do something i would try to pull cooler air from the front bumper or from the the fender area. as far as something like a ram air hood i see it as more of a cosmetic thing if thats what your thinking. not enough to create enough any real power on its own.Id probably do a tuner and a throttle body upgrade before i considered doing too much modification for the intake.

·
Registered
294 Posts
You gona have to pair that CAI with a performance exhaust system to take advantage of the cold air. Your high end power will definitely be there with a exhaust upgrade.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Yea exhaust is going to be a must at some point but i see too many people playing around with it. Poorly designed and you will see a major drop in low end.Do that and you will see slower start off the line.(worse 60ft and 0-60 times)

·
Registered
294 Posts
Yea exhaust is going to be a must at some point but i see too many people playing around with it. Poorly designed and you will see a major drop in low end.Do that and you will see slower start off the line.(worse 60ft and 0-60 times)
Yeah ppl be hacking the hell outta of the exhaust. I have a magnaflow catback exhaust. Combine with the CAI and TUNE you'll have hella low end and high power.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Very very i mean very little drone. I kept the resonator on mine so you dont hear it at all. Unless you open it up.

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Definitely keep the resonator on if you get a Magnaflow/Flowmaster exhaust. It's a deeper tone and sounds great and you will see better acceleration at low-end and high-end.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts