Impala Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok

i've been doing alot of research on which RAM AIR hood is the best

and i have come to the conclusion that the suncoast ram air hood is #1.
because of several factors, the biggest one being that there are 3 intake systems already built for it and the fact that it is the only hood i found that has a 3 year warranty!!!!!

now, which intake system is better the RAISS, the suncoast ram air kit, the super stealth? and what makes it better than the other one?

thanks alot for your help

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Gee, This is a hard one........How about the Suncoast hood with the matching intake kit that makes the whole system work as designed.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just got done e-mailing a tech at suncoast

this is what he had to say:

"Both systems will give a boost in performance and work well with the Suncoast Ram Air Hood. Your decision should be based on whether you want maximum power or a balance of power and showmanship. As I said before both the RAISS and the Suncoast systems will add power. The key difference between them is the Suncoast system is designed to give maximum power and sacrifices "glamour" while the RAISS system gives a good power add in a showy package...."

Thought I should share this info so nobody has to deal w/ the headaches of deciding which one to get ….

THANKS GREGG-O …. for your input:smile:

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have heard however that Suncoast takes a good while to ship out a hood while the other places are a little faster.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'd rather deal with Suncoast directly because they actually manufacture these hoods .... plus they make sure the intake system you buy fits perfect (at least, that's what they told me)

it better fit perfectly after spending over $1200 .......:eek:

I've been doing alot of research on lots of hoods. Almost 6 months of back and forth e-mails with different manufacturers of custom hoods ..... fiberglass hoods, carbon fiber hoods, ..... i'm glad it's over though

i'll wait an extra week or two to be sure everything goes smoothly ....

thanx for the heads up though:biggrin:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Years ago there was an intake comparison done. (This was before the RAISS). The SSRI, K&N, RAMMIT and SSRI with Suncoast hood were all tested. The SSRI flowed more than the others but was beat by the SSRI/Suncoast hood combo. We carry the Suncoast hood, the SSRI and the RAISS and in my opinion, the best combo is the Suncoast hood with SSRI. Simply because the SSRI allows the benefit of the air coming through the front grill and the hood scoops while allowing the air to head straight into the engine, just like the RAISS. The Suncoast box is not a straight shot into the throttle body and uses a more restrictive air filter than the SSRI or RAISS use. Also, the SSRI uses a larger filter than the RAISS allowing for more flow.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I was going to post the exact same thing as Dan and then I saw his post.

The Suncoast intake is not that great. The RAISS or SSRI are much better even when used with the suncoast hood. I believe a recent redesign in the hood has gotton rid of the old problem where the hood didnt meet the intake.
---

I will give a big plus one to the Suncoast hood being the best.

Mine is 10+years old and fits very well considering I never had it professionally installed, and just slapped it on in 20 minutes.

I've seen the new version of the hood, professionally installed and painted, and it's absolutely flawless. Looks just as if it rolled off the factory line that way.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
yea the roadmast twin intake is sooo fukin sick cant wait to get that for my 95 9c1:biggrin:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts