Impala Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2009 Impala

My radio does not have a CD inserted, but shows the CD icon as if there is one. When I press Eject, it does do the eject cycle, but the CD icon remains and it will not accept a CD.

Any thoughts on how to fix this issue? Thanks.

·
Registered
247 Posts
My brother's Impala ended up with a toll booth ticket in the CD. Remember the sensor will grab anything and pull it into the player, so you could have to take a look at it inside.

For the toll booth ticket, ended up being able to grab it with a small pick tool and extract it. The eject button did nothing.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Try getting a pair of tweezers, squeeze them together and stick it into the felt in the cd slot opening. Let the tweezers open to open the felt up, and take a flash light and see if there is anything stuck in there.

If all else fails, try just pulling the battery/radio and leave it for 30 minutes so all the power exhausts from it, how ever it does sound like the sensor could have gone bad. Just a few options to try.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2009 Impala

My radio does not have a CD inserted, but shows the CD icon as if there is one. When I press Eject, it does do the eject cycle, but the CD icon remains and it will not accept a CD.

Any thoughts on how to fix this issue? Thanks.did you ever get that fixed because that sounds like I have that same problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts