Impala Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a 2014 Chevy Impala with a Bose system. The vehicle has a 8 inch screen with Chevy MyLink. On the screen im missing the projection button so i cannot do Android Auto. Took it to the dealer today for a firmware upgrade and they told me since i do not see the projection icon on my screen that my radio wont take a firmware upgrade that has android auto. Can someone verify this.

·
Registered
11 Posts
As far as I'm aware, I didn't think Android Auto came in the Impala until 2016. Is there a reason you believe you should have Android Auto? Were you told it had it?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I assumed since it had the 8 inch screen with the Chevy MyLink app installed that it could be upgraded. I talk to the dealership before i took it up there and they said it could. But its fine, i can just install an aftermarket, ill just lose some settings like the defrost settings with remote start that you can setup from the radio.

·
Registered
4 Posts
There are a couple of vendors that sell programmed IO6 modules and can include Apple and Android mirroring. That will also get you the factory GPS on newer vehicles that does not require an OnStar subscription.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts