Impala Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently bought an 01 Impala and absolutely LOVE her!

I was wondering what size after market radio I can put in it? I have been told it was a Din and a half but from the measurements it seems to be a double din (4 inches high). I have been looking at a Kenwood Double DIN DDX512 but want to make sure it will fit. Anyone know if this will fit this year Impala?

I'm also finding that there are special wire harneses for OnStar and for Bose - but would I need to buy the special harness if I do NOT use OnStar or have a Bose system?

Thanks in advance, Mindy

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
ya its a 1.5 (commly referred to double din)

You may need a mounting kit ~$30
wire harness adapter $~20

you wont need an onstar/bose adaptor, but may need a radio reloc kit if you car has RDS on it (can reset tire pressure/etc thru the radio) andf want to keep this feature. Also you may loose your door chimes, if you care about those

·
Registered
303 Posts
ya its a 1.5 (commly referred to double din)
1.5 DIN and double DIN are two different sizes. My car came with a double DIN and I put a 1.5 DIN Pioneer in it. It required custom mounts and some cutting.

I don't which size your car runs [I don't follow W-bodies], but it is one or the other not both.

·
Registered
15 Posts
i drive a 2001 impala and i just bought a 1-1/2 din dash kit and it works great, i have room for my deck and my eq, but i dont have any of that bose or onstar stuff

1 - 4 of 4 Posts