Impala Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2014 impala 9th gen new body Radiator fan won't turn off. Anyone know what the issue may be ? I checked fuse and relay both good. Fan turns off when fuse or relay is pulled

·
Registered
363 Posts
Is it hot there? Is your ac on while it’s hot out? If you just get home from a drive and sit there w engine running and ac on, fans will be on. Do you mean when you turn the key on but not engine?
If fan is on when you start the engine in lower than 80 ambient there may be an issue with thermostat or a temp sensor?
The fans draw a lot of power but wiring is more than adequate to handle especially if alternator and battery are good.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is it hot there? Is your ac on while it’s hot out? If you just get home from a drive and sit there w engine running and ac on, fans will be on. Do you mean when you turn the key on but not engine?
If fan is on when you start the engine in lower than 80 ambient there may be an issue with thermostat or a temp sensor?
The fans draw a lot of power but wiring is more than adequate to handle especially if alternator and battery are good.
Yes its hot here I'm in Arizona. I had to pull the fuse over night so the fan can stop running. Placed the fuse back while car is off and fan turns on been running for 15 minutes. Might try the temp sensor next. Does anyone know where the temp sensor is located ?can't seem to find any videos online

·
Registered
363 Posts
Oh, even when key is off?
Do you have one of those computer module performance upgrades? Trifecta or overkill?
I’ve heard those come w an additional minute of fan run time after key is turned off. Why I do not know. Maybe a area to look as well.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Runs w/ Key Off?
There's a sensor CLOSED.
Coolant related.
Chevy, ... CHECK EVERYTHING!!!

Coolant. Level. Overflow Reservoir.
Once you're sure you're safe to start NON-LOW-COOLANT issue troubleshooting; test the Rad. Temp. Sender(s).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts