Impala Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like it;s time to replace them. as they are soft and spongy (both large ones)

the thin one to the reservoir has a very small sized leak as well I have to fill it up every few weeks due to the loss of fluid.
I was wondering why I was losing coolant. what is the part # for these.

are Goodyear hoses any good?

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
This is the only one I can find. I like to stick with rockauto.com but, can't seem to find that hose on the site. The hose you are looking for is called a "coolant return hose", I believe but, do NOT quote me on that. I would first try to repair the hose, if the crack is not that bad. Use some rubber adhesive or flexible and heat resistant sealant. Way cheaper than replacing the formed hose. I would also have this leak fixed ASAP as the leak could introduce air bubbles into the coolant system and possibly cause engine overheating if not monitored or taken care of.

2001-2003 Chevrolet Impala Heater Hose Dayco, OE replacement

This hose may NOT be the correct one but, it looks just about the same size. The title/name of the hose has me worried as it may not be. Wait for someone to confirm or deny before purchasing.

As for hose companies: Goodyear, Dayco, and ACDelco (can't believe I said that one) seem to be at the top of the list for hoses

·
Banned
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
This is the only one I can find. I like to stick with rockauto.com but, can't seem to find that hose on the site. The hose you are looking for is called a "coolant return hose", I believe but, do NOT quote me on that. I would first try to repair the hose, if the crack is not that bad. Use some rubber adhesive or flexible and heat resistant sealant. Way cheaper than replacing the formed hose. I would also have this leak fixed ASAP as the leak could introduce air bubbles into the coolant system and possibly cause engine overheating if not monitored or taken care of.

2001-2003 Chevrolet Impala Heater Hose Dayco, OE replacement

This hose may NOT be the correct one but, it looks just about the same size. The title/name of the hose has me worried as it may not be. Wait for someone to confirm or deny before purchasing.

As for hose companies: Goodyear, Dayco, and ACDelco (can't believe I said that one) seem to be at the top of the list for hoses
would it be wise to flush the radiator? while I'm replacing the hoses?

Attachments

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
would it be wise to flush the radiator? while I'm replacing the hoses?
If the only hose leaking is your overflow tank hose then, yes I would have it flushed at a quick lube or similar. Drive home, replace hoses, and I would even replace t-stat while at it. RE-fill radiator and bleed system. Might as well get it all done at once, if you have the funds to do so. :eek:k3:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts