Impala Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
started to rebuild my "69 i recently puchased, and i got her running but my radiator is total crap. she's not over heating or anything but it's rusted, leaks, and looks like its already been micky moused once or twice!...so i figure it needs to be replaced. i found a few on ebay that are supposed to fit '69 327ci cammaro's but i don't know if that'll fit impala's. impala bobs only had radiators for 350ci and up. DOES ANYBODY KNOW WHERE I CAN FIND A RADIATOR FOR MY 1969 IMPALA 327ci??

greatfull for any help sincerly ,
the new kid.

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
I got mine from O'Reilly Auto Parts. Get one with a life time warranty. You may find that it will be the new style, that is aluminum core with plastic ends. This is actually a better radiator for it will help cool that 327 a little easier than the original brass one did. Also I prefer to go with the heavy duty one, any thing that will help on them hot days even with the AC on. Check your local auto part stores. The radiator that you mentioned should be good for the 305, 327, and 350. Even if you found one for the 454 engine it would only give it that much more cooling power. The thermostat is what will keep the engine from getting to cold. Keep the proper temp on the thermostat and your car will be in great shape.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Radiator

I am restoring a 1970 Impala and need a radiator as well. As you search for one it will seem as if GM never made the 69 and 70 Impala because no one seems to carry parts for them. In any case, I believe that the mounting of the radiator on these 2 years are the same, but somewhat different then the mounting for other models in those years, namely Chevelle or Camaro. So you need to get one specific to a 69 or 70 Impala, unless you are willing to make modifications. I found a few online through Impalaradiator.com, and A1Auto, plus a few others. Cost is about $240.00 plus shipping

1 - 3 of 3 Posts