Impala Forums banner

21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,731 Posts
I love the Plastidip on my winter rims - so much that I want to put them on my car now. LOL. True though, I would never do the roof and also true, dust/pollen is annoying - I would not actually use it for summer rims for that reason. For winter when car is getting salty and dirty anyway, it makes the 16 LT rims look a billion times better.

·
Premium Member
10,731 Posts
^Pics of these rims you praise?
Well, they are back in my basement - was planning to post pics in November when I bring them up and put them on, but I will try to snap a photo or two next time I remember. Got a lot going on at the house right now with some exterior remodeling (new roof/gutters/siding/ etc etc) and a three season room addition being added - I am usually too consumed with inspecting the contractor's work and trying to ignore the huge dumpster when I get home to do anything else, but for you, I will try to remember. :eek:k3:

·
Premium Member
10,731 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,815 Posts
^I lived in an old POS house while our new house was built right behind it. Talk about chaos. lol Pics for before and after? I have to ask lol.

·
Premium Member
10,731 Posts
^^ I am surprised that when I had my hernia surgery last year that you did not ask for pics.....

The contractor is taking before and afters for his website...when it is all done I will post them...for Don...as I know nobody else really cares.... Supposedly all completed by July 1st. 3D roof is done. I did not know what one was until my wife chose it. It sounds fancier than it is. I am no Thurston Howell III. Basically, the shingles have depth and are funky colored (grey, black, red speckled) , so the roof looks kinda thick and staggered. Naturally, choosing that meant we needed new siding according to my wife to match better, which of course then she told me meant new gutters, which meant with the whole color scheme changed, so we needed new exterior doors and storm doors and shutters and trim and soffits, new lighting, and a new window "so everything matched and flowed", which led to a screened in porch, which led to a 3 season room with lower deck....which led me to this off topic rant .... What were we talking about again? Plastidip? Stripes? The fundraiser I am holding to pay for all this?

·
Every 2nd Matters
5,455 Posts
Since the paint on my car is hosed any ways, I might use the Plasti Dip... Who am I kidding? I'm just gonna rattle can it flat black.

·
Premium Member
10,731 Posts
^^ Plastidip is easier to apply uniformly than a regular spray can, plus no runs, etc.

·
SStuntin on em
4,851 Posts
well the plast dip is technically a "rattle can" if you mean a can of spray paint that rattles when you shake it. But iirc it was like 6 bucks a can. im not sure if it would be a good idea to paint a whole car with it. is that what you were considering?

·
Premium Member
10,731 Posts
Cost vs Rattle Can?
$5.97 at home depot per can for plastidip. I did my four rims with much less than 3 cans. At least half of the third can is left.

·
Premium Member
10,731 Posts
^^ painted the hitch on the Caddy, painted my cat.

Reactions: LazerBlue07SS

·
Premium Member
10,731 Posts
^^ you want a picture of the hitch? The plastidipping the cat, in hindsight, was not a good idea. Wife is not happy with me.

·
SStuntin on em
4,851 Posts
no not really, i was jk haha. how well did it peel off the fur? im curious cuz ive always wanted a black lab and have a yellow one :/

·
Premium Member
10,731 Posts
I think it would work fine on a lab. I touched up my black lab's grey hair on her chest with it. The problem with the cat was that she would not stay still enough for proper masking. I basically had to put her in a box and start spraying. She looked great at first, but the next day, she had licked it off a good deal of it that I would have masked off if I could have. Then the wife, who is a bit overprotective, claimed the cat "looked really sick". Of course, the Vet agreed with her because he gets paid to see sick cats, not healthy ones. Yadda yadda yadda, blah blah blah - cat is back at home and wife has now locked my plastidip in the same cabinet as she keeps my Jim Beam.

21 - 40 of 53 Posts