Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am thinking of putting black racing stripes on my white 2006 impala has anyone on here done this yet? and if so could you post some pics it would be greatly appreciated

·
Banned
2,492 Posts
i am thinking of putting black racing stripes on my white 2006 impala has anyone on here done this yet? and if so could you post some pics it would be greatly appreciated
You see them more on the same years Monte Carlo's than the Impy's. I myself have only seen them on MC's. Here's a few pics I nabbed off ebay for you to see.

PS although you and I may like them, if you don't have an SS, you may hear some "poser" comments...
PSS sorry for the tiny front and rear shots, it's how they came for some reason off ebay.

·
Registered
913 Posts
I don't think anyone on this board has done it, but I have seen a black Imp SS with grey-ish racing stripes.

I'd recommend using vinyl. It's cheaper and if you don't like it you can take it off.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Ya i seen a black one also with gray stripes it look pretty good

·
Every 2nd Matters
5,455 Posts
I am not going to make any increased HP jokes here. I actually like Racing Stripes. Please post pics if you get them.

·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts
Use Plastidip - see how you like it - if you don't, take em off. I plastidipped the rest of my winter rims this weekend, until you use it, you won't believe how cool it is. Somebody on NAIOA did black plastidip stripes on an 06+ SS - looks great.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks guys ... it may be a few weeks but when i get it done i will post some pics... a guy i know does paint and he said he would do it for about $100 the price sounded right

·
Premium Member
22,815 Posts
^Damn, that's not bad. Make sure he runs it down to the bottom of the bumpers and not just the hood and trunk if you are thinking you want it like that.

·
Registered
317 Posts
^Damn, that's not bad. Make sure he runs it down to the bottom of the bumpers and not just the hood and trunk if you are thinking you want it like that.
Why do you say that? I have not seen,in person or in pics,anything to sway me either way...yet. I have been contemplating the same,that's why I ask.

Thanx

·
Premium Member
22,815 Posts
^Because if you want it down the bumper, you probably shouldn't assume it will. Here's pics of both. First is stopped at hood.

Then all the way down:

·
Every 2nd Matters
5,455 Posts
I like it when she goes down. :yahoo:

·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts
^^ Agree... Going down is always good for stripes and otherwise.

·
Premium Member
22,815 Posts
X3. But some people don't like when it goes low, and sometimes don't think they can afford it, but in the end, it's always a better investment.

·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts

·
Banned
2,492 Posts
I guess I'm just a traditionalist about it, the General only made them from leading edge to trailing edge, so I don't think they look good any other way.

·
Registered
913 Posts
I plasti dipped my rims, but I would NEVER take it as far as painting my roof like that guy did. The amount of dust and pollen that the plasti dip holds is annoying.

·
Banned
2,492 Posts
I can't find a reason to like plasti-dip enough to ever use it. I get that it just peels off for times when you're tired of it, don't like it, or messed up and that's awesome. But it looks like cheap textured plastic that is rampant in automobiles these days, and I loath that look and feel! Maybe I am just seeing too many poor applications of it, I dunno. :hope:

1 - 20 of 53 Posts